Practice Direction 5 of 2006 - Listing of Children's Court Matters
(as amended on 17 January 2007)
This Practice Direction (as amended) will take effect immediately.
Pursuant to section 13(2) of the Children's Court of Western Australia Act 1988 and until further direction:
- Subject to the limitations contained in paragraph 2 of this direction the Children's Court of Western Australia ("the Children's Court") may sit on any day at the same location in the Perth metropolitan area as a Magistrates Court of Western Australia ("the Magistrates Court") sits on that same day.
- This direction is limited to those exceptional cases where the person to be put before the Children's Court on that day at that location:
- is at that location solely or partly because of a mistaken belief that the person is at least 18 years of age; or
- is at least 18 years of age, is required to appear before the Magistrates Court on that day at that location and has an outstanding charge or breach in the Children's Court whether or not an arrest warrant was issued; or
- is at least 18 years of age and has been arrested on an arrest warrant issued by the Children's Court.
Judge D J Reynolds
President of the Children's Court of Western Australia
Dated this 17 day of January 2007.
Last updated: 2 March 2023