Government of Western Australia State Coat of Arms
Children's Court of Western Australia
Government of Western Australia State Coat of Arms
Children's Court of Western Australia

Lodging documents electronically on the eCourts Portal

The Children's Court encourages the lodgement of documents electronically through the eCourts Portal.

When you submit forms online through eCourts they will be added to your matter.

Court staff may take a few days to add manual and email lodgments.

To submit a document online with the Children's Court you will need an eCourts Portal account.

If you do not have one, you can create one on the eCourts Portal website. To do that, follow these steps:

  1. Click on Register a new account (top right hand corner of home screen).
  2. Complete your personal or organisation details.
  3. Create a password.
  4. You will be sent an email to verify your account.
  5. Go to your emails and click on the link to verify your account.
  6. Your account will be created and you can now log in to the eCourts Portal.

To lodge a document

You must be a 'party' to a matter to lodge a document in that matter.

You will also need the matter number to lodge a document.

  1. Log in to the eCourts portal.
  2. Click on the heading eLodgment.
  3. Under Menu, click on Lodge a document.
  4. In the Jurisdiction box select Childrens Court.
  5. The division will automatically say Civil.
  6. In the Location box, select the location of the court. For example Perth.
  7. Select the type of document you want to lodge. Click on the arrow on the right hand side of the type of document box. It will give you a list of the documents you can lodge online.
  8. For an affidavit, another box will appear and you should write the name of the person who made the affidavit.
  9. Enter the matter number that your document relates to. For example PC 1 2023.
  10. Upload the document from your computer.

If you have any difficulties in lodging a document, please contact the court on 08 9218 0100.

You may also lodge documents in person over the counter.

Documents lodged by email must clearly state the matter number and names of the parties.

Any documents you lodge with the court, you must also serve on the other parties in the matter. That is you must give a copy of the application to all partices involved in the case.

Last updated: 10 April 2024

[ back to top ]